The Breckenridge Economic Development Corporation (Type B) is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of CEO, Executive Director. The requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed to perform the duties of this position include:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Civil Engineering or economic development-related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to operate the economic development department for Breckenridge.
- Expertise needed to lead our city’s economic development efforts including business attraction and expansion, job creation and retention, and quality of life improvements.
- Ability to coordinate and manage all organizational activities of the corporation.
- Ability to work with and understand the needs of community and regional partners.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise financial reports by utilizing the principles and procedures of finance, budgeting, and budgetary control.
- Ability to operate personal computer and software, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks; and operate various other office-related equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate and close deals.
- Personal characteristics should include being a self-starter capable of completing all required responsibilities without supervision, having strong customer service skills, vision, integrity, creativity, enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, composure, and focus.
- Must be bondable, pass a pre-employment drug-screening test, a criminal background test, and have a current, valid driver’s license.
Examples of Duties: The following items and other related duties are performed as required:
- Coordinate and manage all activities of the BEDC to effectively stimulate the City’s economic growth.
- Develop both short and long-range strategic plans for community and economic growth.
- Develop, refine and execute specific marketing and promotional strategies for targeted company recruitment.
- Enhance and manage job retention and expansion program for existing businesses.
- Promote “quality of life” improvements in conjunction with other local entities.
- Manage books, records, financial statements and other reports, prepare budgets and reports of BEDC.
- Coordinate the exchange of information related to economic development with the Breckenridge Industrial Foundation (BIF), City and County officials and other local organizations.
- Serve on the boards of BIF and Breck Improvement Council and provide secretarial and accounting assistance to both.
All candidates should fill out our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
The application period runs from June 27, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.