WHAT IS A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors perform a wide variety of duties in the Chamber, but their main function is to help promote the Chamber, welcome new Members to the Chamber, and make Chamber events successful and enjoyable for everyone. They are a special group of people who volunteer their time to help promote the Breckenridge Chamber community, support Chamber functions, and encourage others to become Chamber members.
PROGRAM BENEFITS FOR THE AMBASSADORS
· Increased name and face recognition
· Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
· Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
· Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
· Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
· Chance to help the community and show community pride
· Recognition via “Ambassador of the Year” at our annual banquet
HOW DOES THE AMBASSADORS PROGRAM WORK?
Becoming an ambassador creates an opportunity to work “behind the scenes” on behalf of the Chamber at important events and activities that define the future of Breckenridge. The ambassador program is based on a points system that encourages involvement. The ambassador will commit to:
- Ambassador Events & Occasions:
- Mandatory Ambassador Orientation
- Committee Meetings
- Ribbon Cuttings
AMBASSADOR POINT SYSTEM:
- Committee meetings (1 point)
- Points are awarded for attendance at ambassador committee meetings. Meetings will be held as needed.
- Ribbon cuttings (1 point)
- Points are awarded for attendance at ribbon cuttings.
- Referring chamber members (3 points)
- Points are awarded when an ambassador's referred business joins the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend events (1 point)
- Points are awarded for attendance at events hosted by the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce.
- Sponsoring/ donating (1 point)
- Points are awarded when an ambassador, or their company, sponsors an event or donates auction items to a Breckenridge chamber of commerce event.
When chosen, the Ambassador will commit to a term of 12 months. The ambassador will have the option to renew their commitment for another consecutive 12 months if he/she chooses to.
Become an ambassador by submitting an application. Download an application or pick one up at the chamber office.